Restaurant: Yamamoto Umeda Est One (やまもと 梅田エスト・ワン)
Address: 2-4, Kakudacho, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka est first Avenue
Open Hour: From 11:30 to 22:00 (L.O)
Close: Second Wednesday
Price: [Dinner] 1,000- yen 1,999 yen [Lunch] 1,000- yen 1,999 yen
Nearest Station: 4-5 minutes on foot from JR Osaka Station
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 24 seats
A Negiyaki restaurant near Osaka station. The difference between Okonomiyaki and Negiyaki is that Okonomiyaki uses cabbage and Negiyaki uses green onion instead of cabbage. Yamamoto, is where the negiyaki was invented. When the owner was cooking for her son, her customer asked for the same. The reaction of the customer was good, so the owner chef kept on improving it's style, and it has come to current style, also gaining popularity at the same time.
・Total distance: 600m, 7mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Osaka Station Central Gate
・Steps to follow : 1 - 15
Let's start your way from "JR Osaka Station Central Gate
1. Facing Osaka Station Central Gate, turn to left and follow the arrow.
2. When you reach the escalator, go around the escalator by following the arrow
3. Take the stairs and make a right turn. You will find a signboard that says South Gate Building ahead of you.
4. Go straight ahead to the door.
5. Make a left turn as soon as you pass the door.
6. Go straight ahead until you reach the end of the hallway.
Make sure you pass the water fountain on your left.
By the way, enjoy this artistic water fountain (find out why a lot of people stop here to take photos)!. You will be surprized!
7. When you reach the end of the hallway, make a left turn.
Go straight ahead again for about 60m until you reach the end of the hallway.
8. At the end of this hallway, make a right turn and go straight for about 70m.
9. When you reach end of this hallway, make a left turn by following the arrow.
Keep going straight for about 40m until you reach the crossing.
10. When you reach the crossing, you are on the right track.
Cross the street and keep going straight.
11. Keep going straight until you reach the big open space.
12. When you get to the big open space, walk to the left hallway (next to the exit ahead of you). Then you will find the crossing soon.
Follow the arrow carefully.
13. When you reach the crossing, cross the street and go straight ahead.
14. Go straight ahead for about 120m and you will be able to find your destination on your left.
15. Enjoy your meal at Yamamoto (やまもと)!