Restaurant: Hishiiwa JR Kyoto Isetan (菱岩)
Address: JR Kyoto Isetan B2F, 901 Higashishiokoujicho Shiokoji Sagaru Karasuma dori Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi
Open Hour: 10:00 to 20:00
Close: Follows Kyoto Isetan
Price: [Dinner] 4,000- yen 4,999 yen [Lunch] 4,000- yen 4,999 yen
Nearest Station: 3-minute walk from Kyoto Station
Credit Card: N.A
This is a 3-4 days advance reservation required bento, which may not be a suitable bento to recommend to tourists, but this is the best bento you can eat in Japan! Started it's business in 1829,
Hishiiwa is now and still the most popular bento shop. If you see the bento box stuffed with all sorts of Kyoto style cuisine, you will understand why this bento is so popular.
・Total distance: 140m, 2mins （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Kyoto Station Central Gate
・Steps to follow : 1 - 11
Let's start your way from "JR Kyoto Station Central Gate (中央口)". It's at 1F, Kyoto Tower side.
1. Facing the Central Gate, turn around and follow the arrow.
2. You will see Kyoto Tower ahead of you. Do not go outside but turn LEFT at the arrow.
3. Go straight ahead by passing the escalator on your right. You will reach Isetan in 100m.
4. Go inside Isetan.
5. Go straight ahead the hallway for about 30m.
6. Turn Right at the 1st corridor.
7. You will be able to see the elevator ahead of you. Get on and press B2F.
8. Area B2 is where you are looking for
9. When you get off the elevator at B2F, turn left and immediately turn right at the hallway on your right.
Make sure the elevator is on your left, hallway on your right.
10. Make a left turn at the 1st passage and you will be able to find the place in less than 20m on your left.
11. Enjoy the Kyoto style Hishiiwa (菱岩) bento!