* We try our best to reserve better seats for you.
Restaurant: Tsuchinomi (土の実)
Address: 2-2-14, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo Marronnier Gate 12F
Nearest Station: JR Yurakucho Station, Central Exit
Open Hour: Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 3:30PM, 5:30PM - 11:00PM
Sat, Sun, Holidays 11:00AM - 3:30PM, 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Close: No fixed holidays
Price Range: [Dinner]￥4,000～￥6,000
Table Charge for dinner: 500 yen
Credit Card: (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, Diners)
Seats: 42 seats
Tsuchinomi in Ginza Yurakucho serves the excellent Ryukyu cuisines from Okinawa, the beautiful island located at far south of Japan.
It is always good to have amazing sushi, tempura, and ramen in Tokyo, but don't forget, it is only one part of your food experience in Japan. What made us eagerly want to introduce this Okinawan food to you this time was that the cuisine from this island has its own kind and food that you might not even heard of, but they are all extremely delicious!
The traditional Okinawan food has this great branded Agu Pork. When having this specially tamed pork, we recommend you to have this dish called "Rafutee" which is an Okinawan-style stewed pork cubes cut into 5cm squares, stewed in awamori, soy, dashi broth, and sugar. It just amazes you with every bite as soon as when you realize the exceptional meat melting in your mouth. The pork is as tender as the Kobe beef! "Mimigar", the pork ears, that is chewy and crunchy on the other hand is also excellent but in a different way. If you have never had pork ear before, you may want to try this one for the first time because it is nothing like what it sounds like, but may change your stereotype of pork instead. The "sea grapes" also known as "green caviar" with ponzu sauce on top and the "shimarakkyo" known as Okinawan shallot which is a smaller and thinner kind of Japanese leek compared to the common variety, are also very common Okinawan dishes that goes perfectly well with either the Orion Beer or Awamori (the strong Okinawan liquor distilled from rice or millet). Menu is a fair mix of traditional goodies and improvised recipes that is sure to please including the desserts.
If you are willing to experience the exceptional food in Japan besides typical ones that are proudly introduced on this site (which are also great), give yourself a try at Tsuchinomi, one of the best Okinawan restaurants in Tokyo!
・Total distance: 250m, 3 min （on foot）
・Starting Point : JR Yurakucho Station, Central Exit
・Steps to follow : 1 - 12
1. Facing JR Yurakucho Station, Central Exit, turn to right to start your way.
2. Walk straight to go outside and you will find a department store ahead of you.
3. Take the street at the left hand side.
4. Walk straight for 100m and you will reach an intersection ahead of you.
5. Keep walking straight and pass the highway above you.
6. When you reach the intersection, cross the street and make a left turn.
7. After turning left, cross the street again. Walk straight for 20m and you will find an entrance to Marronnier Gate.
8. Go inside Marronnier Gate.
9. Go straight for 15m from the entrance and you will find an elevator to your left.
10. Press 12F.
11. After getting off the elevator at 12F, walk straight this hallway and you will find your destination to your left.
12. This is Tsuchinomi (土の実). Enjoy your meal!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested!