Restaurant: Kyoukasuzuke Uokyu Ginza-ten (京粕漬 魚久 銀座店)
Address: 3-10-15, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Tougin 2 Building 2F
Nearest Station: Tokyo Metro Ginza Station (Ginza Line, Hibiya Line, Marunouchi Line), Exit A8
Open Hour: [Mon～Fri] 11:00～14:00
Close: Saturday, Sundays and holidays, First three days of the New Year
Price Range: ￥1,000～￥1,999
Credit Card: N.A
Seats: 20 seats (8 counter seats, table 2 seats, tables 10 seats)
Uokyu is a very well known restaurant in Japan for its "Kasuzuke" cuisine. Kasuzuke is a traditional way of preparing fish that is to pickle them in sake lees. The restaurant makes an exceptional Kasuzuke for the blackcod which locals usually call it a Gindara. Their fresh slice of Gindara has an excellent chewy texture that makes everyone on your table pleased from the first bite while its profound and elegant flavor of the fish, that attracts many Ginza ladies, makes a perfect match with its fresh white rice. It is so good that you would understand why there are are so many locals queuing to get Uokyu's Kasuzuke for the souvenirs too (you can get them at a 1F for taking home). It is one delicious and healthy set meal (1300 yen) accompanied with tasty miso soup and a few Japanese pickles. When you feel like having the best seafood in Kasuzuke style, Uokyu is the place go.
・Total distance: 300m, 4 min （on foot）
・Starting Point : Tokyo Metro Ginza Station (Ginza Line, Hibiya Line, Marunouchi Line), Exit A8
・Steps to follow : 1 - 8
1. Let's start your way from Tokyo Metro Ginza Station (Ginza Line, Hibiya Line, Marunouchi Line), Exit A8.
2. When you reach upstairs, face the exit and turn around to follow the arrow.
3. Walk straight for about 60m and make a right turn at the 1st street.
4. Make a right turn at the 1st street.
5. Walk straight for about 200m and make a left turn at the 4th street.
6. Make a left turn at the 4th street.
7. Walk straight for 40m and you will find your destination to your right.
8. Enjoy your meal at Kyoukasuzuke Uokyu Ginza-ten (京粕漬 魚久 銀座店)!
Picrumb has carefully selected the best restaurants of the week. You can click on the pictures below if you are interested!